On Tuesday, May 23rd, at 7:00 pm, Caron Foundation will be at NSC to present their Prevention Resources and Education for Parents (PREP) program. The event is free and open to anyone and, in particular, will be useful to any person who loves someone with a Substance Use Disorder.
Here are the stated objectives for the presentation:
- Provide information on the effects and consequences of gateway drugs and other drug trends
- Empower parents with effective communication skills when talking with their children about alcohol, tobacco and other drug use
- Review the importance of establishing clear rules and consequences at home regarding substance use
- Evaluate resiliency factors that help protect kids from substance use
- Provide local resources should parents require addiction support